Celebrating Our Company's 2022 Wilde Awards and Critics Choice Award
Every year, EncoreMichigan presents its Wilde Awards to recognize professional theaters, productions, actors, and more each “season.” These awards began in 2002 and are an important aspect of Michigan’s theatre community. Our Barnies and our company from our 75th Anniversary Season in 2021 and our 2022 season through August are honored to be tied with the Flint Repertory Theatre as the theatres with the most awards – 16 of them each for our 2021 seasons.
Brendan Ragotzy, producer at the Barn Theatre shared, “As we reflect on our 2021 season, it was a celebration of bringing back live theatre to the Barn stage, as things got back to “normal” after the Pandemic. The awards, on top of the amazing seasons in 2021 and 2022, are well-deserved recognition for our entire hardworking company. I am so proud of everything we do here.”
You can view more about the Wilde Awards and all winners at EncoreMichigan.com
EncoreMichigan’s Best of 2021-2022 Wilde Awards for the Barn Theatre
- Best Play – Comedy for Ben Hur
- Best Musical – for SpongeBob SquarePants The Broadway Musical and Mel Brooks Young Frankenstein
- Best New Script
- A Slippery Slope by Patrick Hunter &
- Double “O” 69 by Brendan Ragotzy
- Best Director, Musical
- Brendan Ragotzy for Mel Brooks Young Frankenstein
- Patrick Hunter for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
- Best Lead Actor in a Musical
- Aaron Czarnecki in SpongeBob SquarePants The Broadway Musical &
- Eric Parker in Groundhog Day
- Best Lead Actress in a Musical – Melissa Cotton Hunter in Groundhog Day
- Best Supporting Actor in a Musical – Patrick Hunter in Groundhog Day
- Best Supporting Actress in a Musical
- Penelope Alex in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella
- Shinnerrie Jackson in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella
- Best Supporting Actor in a Play – Charlie King in A Slippery Slope
- Best Choreography – Melissa Cotton Hunter for Rock of Ages
The Critics Award
This is one award of which we are all incredibly proud “For maintaining a high caliber of theatre, with minimal down-time during the pandemic, while sustaining a safe and welcoming community during bleak times for its artists and patrons.” It took commitment and creativity from our entire staff, as well as unwavering support from our community, patrons and donors.
Thank you For Your Continued Support
Saying a mere “Thank you” to you, our loyal patrons, does not begin to convey our gratitude for your continued support. We simply would not be here without you. We are so grateful that you continue to make the Barn Theatre a special part of your life as an entertainment destination each summer.
Our team is already hard at work planning for our 2023 season, and working toward continued enhancements and offerings that make the Barn Theatre a unique experience for first-timers and familiar faces alike!